We can begin setting your 'Menu Times' once your menu has been synced and your products and categories have been imported over.
What Are 'Menu Times'?
'Menu Times' are used to tell the WOWAPPS system when to show certain categories and products to your customers. For example, only displaying dinner products at dinner and breakfast items at breakfast, and so on.
Navigating to the Menu
- Choose 'Orders' from the menu on the left-hand side.
- Then go to the 'Menu' tab.
- WOWAPPS has created an 'All Day Menu' by default.
This set-up will walk you through the steps of adding/editing an existing menu.
You can run as many menus as you want at different times of the day.
- You might have all menu items available at all times of the day, in this case, you will only need one menu.
- You might have 3 different menus (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner).
- You could have menus that only are available on the weekends and so forth.
Adding Your First Menu
(If you want to change the default menu, simply click on it; the rest of the process remains the same).
- Either go to the 'All Day Menu', or click '+Add Menu'.
- Give your menu a name - keep in mind no customers will see this menu's name and it will only be visible to you.
- Add any menu notes - again, this is only for internal use and will not be seen by customers.
Now it's time to add the menu hours:
- To select the days your menu operates on, simply click on each day tile. You will notice the tiles will highlight as you select them, showing you they have been selected.
- Add the time the menu operates from. You can do this by selecting the dropdown box under both 'Start Time' and 'End Time' and using the time selector to set your time.
- Once done, click 'Save'.
You can now choose to add another menu and repeat the process.
Advance 'Menu Times'
Some menus may operate at different times of the week, or on a split shift depending on how your venue is set up. WOWAPPS has taken into account/allowed for this.
The following is illustrated in the example below:
Between Sunday and Wednesday, the same menu is available at the same time. However, on Thursday the hours are slightly altered and on Friday and Saturday, the menu is divided into two shifts.
(Click on the image to enlarge it).
The above can be achieved by clicking on the little '+' button next to the time selector. This will give you the opportunity to add a split shift for your menu.
Or use the '+ Add Another Trading Period'. This will give you a new time box so be able to change menu times on a specific date.
Now it's time to assign your 'Menu Times' to your 'Categories'.