Now we have defined our 'Menu Times', we need to add these times to your 'Categories' and start to tidy up your menu.
From the 'Order' tab (left-hand side) select the 'Categories' tab.
From here you will see all the 'Categories' that have been imported from your Square POS.
Tidy Up Your 'Categories'
You might find during the sync that the system has pulled over 'Categories' you have no intention of being available to sell online eg 'Staff Menu'. These can be easily hidden from view by:
- Selecting the 'Category'.
- Scroll down to 'Availability'.
- Flick the 'Is It Shown' tab to off.
- Then hit 'Save' (top right).
The selected 'Category' will now be hidden from view and all products listed will be not be shown to the customer.
Hint: if you're finding there are a lot of 'Categories' that need to be hidden, or perhaps the 'Category' names are not ideal for customers - feel free to look at 'Lesson 6 - New Online Menu (Advanced)' for some great hints and tips on how to manage your online menu with WOWAPPS/Square.
Adding 'Menu Times' to 'Categories'
In the previous lesson ('Lesson 3 -Menu Times Square POS') we created/edited 'Menu Times'. By default, all 'Categories' have been added to the 'All Day Menu' (if you have changed this menu name back in lesson 3, the new menu name will be reflected).
Note: if you have removed this menu altogether, no menus will be assigned to your categories. But don't panic, the process below remains the same.
Now we're going to show you how to assign different 'Categories' to multiple menus:
- Select the 'Category'.
- Scroll down to 'In Which Menus Should this Category Appear?'
- Click anywhere within the space provided and select the menu you wish to assign.
- If wanting to assign more than one menu, you can do so by repeating the above steps.
- Once more than one menu has been added, you can remove menus by clicking the small 'X'.
- Once finished, hit 'Save' (top right).
Tidying Up Your 'Products'.