Now that your 'Categories' have been sorted out, it's time to tidy up your 'Products'. Similar to your 'Categories', you can choose to hide specific 'Products' by simply:
- Select the 'Product'.
- Scroll down to 'Availability'.
- Flick the 'Is It Shown' tab to off.
- Then hit 'Save' (top right).
The selected 'Product' will now be hidden from view and all 'Products' listed will be not be shown to the customer.
Hint: if you're finding there are a lot of 'Products' that need to be hidden, or perhaps the 'Product' names are not ideal for customers; feel free to look at 'Lesson 6 - New Online Menu (Advanced)' for some great hints and tips on how to manage your online menu with WOWAPPS/Square.
Difference Between 'Is it Shown?' and 'Is it Currently Available for Purchase?'
There are two view options under the 'Availability' section (and other options that will be discussed in later lessons):
- 'Is it Currently Available for Purchase?' - the item will still be displayed to the customer, but it will not be available for purchase. When you run out of stock or want to tease your customers, this is the 'Product' to use.
- 'Is it Shown?' - completely obscures the item from view.
Lesson 6 - New Online Menu (Advanced).