This lesson is only for those who have an extensively large menu where there are a lot of 'Products' that you don't want to show online. It's not mandatory to do this lesson now (in fact, it's advisable that you continue on with the set-up. Learn how to process 'Orders' then come back to this lesson).
However, some of you may want to set everything up perfectly right away and if that is the case, this lesson is for you.
As previously stated, this is a practice video for quickly tidying up your menu and getting it ready for online display.
Changing 'Category' Names
As stated at the beginning of this course, the majority of changes must be made in Square before being synced to WOWAPPS. As a result, you may discover that some of your categories are written for your staff but are not the best for your customers to see. In the event that this occurs:
- Create a new 'Category' in Square.
- Name the 'Category'.
- Add all relevant 'Products' to the 'Category' and 'Save'.
- Open up WOWAPPS and navigate to 'Categories'.
- You will then see the newly added 'Categories' you did in Steps 2 and 3.
- Navigate to the old 'Category' (the one you want to hide) and make it inaccessible.
- You may also need to assign that 'Category' to the appropriate menu.
- Click the 'Save' button to finish.
Changing 'Product' Names
Similar to 'Categories', you may have 'Products' written in a way that your staff can understand. but not ideal for customers. As a result of this configuration:
- Duplicate the 'Product' in Square, and ensure you give it its correct name.
- Hit 'Save' and launch WOWAPPS.
- Find the original 'Product' in WOWAPPS under the 'Product' tab.
- Once found, hide that 'Product' from view.
- Click 'Save'.
Hiding Multiple 'Products' in Multiple 'Categories'
As the names suggest, you may have a large number of 'Products' that need to be hidden from view, in which case you may find it easier to create new 'Categories' in Square. Assign the 'Products' you wish to sell to those 'Categories' and then hide the original 'Category' in WOWAPPS. By default, this will hide all 'Product' in that 'Category' and by keeping the newly added 'Category' open, you will only see the 'Products' you want.
You might have a 'Category' called 'Dinner'. Within that 'Category', you have a number of 'Products' that you will never sell, but 5 'Products' that you will.
- In Square, create a new 'Category' called 'Take-away Dinner' for example.
- Assign the 5 'Products' from the 'Dinner Category' to the 'Take-away Dinner Category'.
- Then in WOWAPPS under the 'Category' tab, turn off the original 'Diner Category' by setting 'Is it Showing?' to off.
- Keep the newly created 'Take-away Dinner' menu as is (note you might have to adjust the 'Category').
Lesson 7 - Testing Your 'Menu'.