Sync your Square POS with WOWAPPS
This lesson will take you through connecting your Kounta POS with WOWAPPS.
Please note, that connecting WOWAPPS to your Square POS simply just allows a connection between the two entities. Your POS/Setting will not change.
How the Kounta Sync Works
Once synced, WOWAPPS and Kounta will continue to communicate via Webhooks - meaning that anything you do in Kounta, will automatically update in WOWAPPS.
This includes :
- Adding an item.
- Removing an item.
- Changing price.
- Updating item names and descriptions.
- Select 'Orders' from the left-hand side menu.
- Select the 'POS' tab.
- Then select 'Connect to Kounta'.
- You will then be redirected and asked to enter your Kounta details and grant WOWAPPS access to your Kounta Account. Ensure you follow all relevant prompts and allow all access.
- Once you click 'Grant Access', you will be redirected back to WOWAPPS and additional options will appear.
**Venus which has multiple Kounta accounts under the one access will need to complete an extra step of selecting the venue they want to connect to. Once selected, you will then be redirected to the above screen:
Sync Your POS:
If you have successfully connected WOWAPPS to your Kounta POS, you will be ready to sync your menu.
To start simply click on 'Sync Menu'.
As soon as this is selected, your menu will start to sync with WOWAPPS - depending on the size of your menu, this can take some time. However, once the sync process is finished, you will be asked to click 'Ok'.
Your menu will now be synced with WOWAPPS. To view your menu you can click on the 'Preview and Links' tab.
Additional Kounta Options:
You will notice there are additional settings you can select in the POS tab:
- 'Pass-thru Printing' - this gives you have the choice of allowing pick-up and delivery orders to go straight to the kitchen, bar or barista. This means your staff won't need to manually accept each and every order before it is sent to production, while still allowing you to let your customer know when the order is ready to be collected.
- 'Online Menu' - activating the 'Online Menu' will give you the ability to select what products you want to show online or not, directly from your Kounta POS.
It is recommended for the time being, you keep these options off and both will be discussed in later lessons/articles. However, you can click on either of the names above to skip and learn more.
Time to define your menu times.