We can begin setting your menu times once your menu has been synced and your products and categories have been imported.
What Are Menu Times?
Menu times are used to tell the WOWAPPS system when to show certain categories and products to your customers. For instance, only displaying dinner products at dinner and breakfast items at breakfast and so on.
- Select 'Orders' from the left-hand menu.
- Then navigate to the 'Menu' tab.
By default WOWAPPS has created an 'All Day Menu'.
The rest of this set-up will take you through how to add/edit a menu and show a few additional options.
You can have as many menus operating at different times of the day you like.
- You might have all menu items available at all times of the day, in this case you will only need one menu.
- You might have 3 different menus (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner).
- You could have menus that are only available on the weekends and so forth.
Adding Your First Menu
(If you would like to edit the default menu, you can do so by just clicking into the menu, the rest of the process stays the same).
- Either click into 'All Day Menu', or click 'Add Menu'.
- Give your menu a name - note, no customers will see the name of this menu and it is only visible by you.
- Add any menu notes - again, no customer will see this and is only for internal work.
Now it's time to add the menu hours:
- To select the days your menu operates on, simply click on each day tile. You will notice the tiles will highlight as you select them, showing you they have been selected.
- Then add the time the menu operates from. You can do this by selecting the dropdown box under both 'Start Time' and 'End Time' and using the 'Time Selector' to set your time.
- Once done, click 'Save'.
You can now choose to add another menu and repeat the process
Advance Menu Times
Some menus may operate at different times of the week, or on a split shift depending on how your venue is set up. WOWAPPS has taken into account/allowed for this.
The example below shows the following:
Between Sunday and Wednesday, the same menu is available at the same time. However, on Thursday the hours are slightly altered and on Friday and Saturday, the menu is divided into two shifts.
(Click on the image to enlarge it).
The above can be achieved by clicking on the little '+' button next to the 'Time Selector'. This will give you the opportunity to add a split shift to your menu.
Or use the '+ Add Another Trading Period' which will give you a new time box to change menu times on a specific date.
Now it's time to assign your menu times to your categories.