Now we have defined our 'Menu Times', we can add them to our 'Categories' and start cleaning up the menu.
Select the 'Categories' tab from the 'Order' tab (on the left).
From here, you can see all of the categories that were imported from your Square POS.
Tidy Up Your Categories
During the sync, you may discover the system has pulled over categories you do not intend to sell online (eg Staff Menu.) This can be easily concealed by:
- Choosing a 'Category'.
- Scroll down to the 'Availability' section.
- Flick the 'Is It Shown' tab to the off.
- Then hit 'Save' (top right).
The selected category will now be hidden from view and all products listed will be not be shown to the customer.
Please Keep in Mind: You may discover there are a lot of categories that need to be hidden, or category names not suitable for customers. For some great hints and tips on how to manage your online menu with WOWAPPS/Kounta, check out 'Lesson 6 - Kounta Online Option'.
Adding Menu Times to Categories
We created/edited menu times in the previous lesson ('Lesson 3 -Menu Times Square Kounta'). The 'All Day Menu' has been pre-populated with all categories by default. (If you changed the name of this menu in Lesson 3, the new name will be reflected).
Note: if you have removed this menu altogether, no menus will be assigned to your categories. But do not worry, the procedure outlined below remains unchanged.
Now we're going to show you how to assign different categories to multiple menus:
- Selecting the 'Category'.
- Scroll down to 'In which menus should this category appear?'
- Click anywhere within the space provided and select the menu you wish to assign.
- If wanting to assign more than one menu, you can do so by repeating the above steps.
- Once more than one menu has been added, you can remove menus by clicking the small 'X'.
- Once finished, hit 'Save' (top right).
The below video will show a menu being added and then removed:
Lesson 5 - Tidying Up Your Products - Kounta.