This lesson is ideal for those who have an extensively large menu where there are a lot of products/categories that you don't want to show online. It is also great for those with smaller menus as well.
It's not mandatory to do this lesson now (actually it's advisable you continue on with the set-up. Learn how to process orders etc then come back to this lesson).
However some of you might want to set everything up perfectly now and should you wish, this lesson is for you.
Intro into Online Menu Option
As discussed in 'Lesson 2 Sync your Kounta POS with WOWAPPS' we briefly spoke about Kounta's 'Online Menu Option'.
When activated, you will be able to select what items you would like to sell online or not, directly from Kounta and have WOWAPPS update instantly. You will also have the ability to rename products/descriptions and have the updates present online and not affect your POS/daily operations.
Step 1 - Activate in Kounta
The first step in using this option is to enable 'Online Menu' in Kounta, via the features set. At the time of writing this lesson, the WOWAPPS support team did find this extremely difficult to find and it was easier to access this feature by clicking this link:
Once clicked, hit 'Enable' and this will activate this feature.
Step 2 - Set Up Your Online Menu
Once you have access to the 'Online Products' tab in Kounta, the next step is to edit the products/categories you want to show or not.
Option 1 - Activating/Deactivating Categories
- In Kounta, select 'Online Products'.
- Click on 'Modify'.
- On this screen, you will be able to see all 'Active Online Categories'. You can see which ones are active or not if there is a tick under the 'Show Online' column.
- To deactivate/activate a category to be showing online, simply tick/untick the selected box.
Option 2 - Activating/Deactivating Products
- In Kounta, select 'Products' from the left-hand side.
- Select 'Online Products'.
- Click on 'Modify'.
- On this screen, you need to select the individual category the product is assigned to, by clicking the '>'.
- This will take you to the product view screen. To deactivate/activate a product to be showing online, simply tick/untick the selected box.
Note: if using varients, you can choose what varients are showing by clicking the down selector (>) next to the variant products and repeating Step 5 above.
You can also choose what option set to display online by clicking the '>' selector next to the product and repeating Step 5.
Option 3 - Customer Friendly Name/Description
Have the option to display/edit the name of a category/product that is different to what is in your POS or what staff see.
For example, you might have a 'flat white' in your POS in the 'Hot Drinks' category and listed in your POS as 'FW'. For staff training, you may not want to change this, but have customers see this product/category as 'Coffee' and the full 'Flat White' name. This can be achieved using the relevant fields.
Note: in some cases, you might have a description you used when you created the product and then you have edited/made a second description in the 'Online Product' area. When synced, WOWAPPS will choose to show what is showing in the 'Online Product' description field.
Step 3 - Activate/Sync WOWAPPS
Now it's time to tell WOWAPPS that you wish to use your 'Online Product' menu over your original/existing sync.
- Open WOWAPPS.
- From the 'POS' tab, select 'Orders' from the left-hand side).
- Select 'Use Online Ordering Menu'.
- Once selected, you need to 'Sync Your Menu' again.
- Once the sync has finished, only your online menu will be imported/displayed.
- Please ensure you check your 'Categories' and ensure the right category is assigned to the correct menu.
Note: any future changes you make in Kounta, should instantly update. If for any reason this is not the case and you find that your menu has not updated in WOWAPPS, please repeat Step 4.
Testing Your Menu - Kounta.