When you have organised your 'Categories', it's time to tidy up your 'Products'. Similar to your categories, you can choose whether or not to hide specific 'Products' by simply clicking the 'Hide' button.
- Select the product.
- Scroll down to the 'Availability' section.
- Flick the 'Is It Shown' tab to off.
- Then hit 'Save' (top right).
The selected product will be hidden from view and the customer will not be shown all of the products listed.
Please Note: You may discover there are a lot of products that need to be hidden, or that the category names are not ideal for customers. For some great hints and tips on how to manage your online menu with WOWAPPS/Kounta, check out 'Lesson 6 - Kounta Online Option'.
Difference Between 'Is it Shown?' and 'Is it Currently Available for Purchase?'
There are two view options under the 'Availability' section (and other options that will be discussed in later lessons):
- 'Is it Currently Available for Purchase?' - the item will still be displayed to the customer, but it will not be available for purchase. When you run out of stock, or want to tease your customers this is the feature to use.
- 'Is it Shown?' - completely hides the item from view.
Lesson 6 - Kounta Online Option.