Categories are used to structure your menu and make it easier for your customers to see your items. Lunch menus, dinner menus, drinks menus, dessert menus, and so on. The system has created your first category by default. Later in this lesson, you will learn how to delete that category. For the time being. Let us take a look at how to make your first menu.
Create your first menu
- To start, select '+ Add Product Category' from the right-hand side of the page
- Name your Category (Lunch Menu, Dinner, Drinks, Dessert and the like)
- (Optional) Include a brief description, such as "served with fries and salad."
- Select the empty space to assign your Category to a menu time (that you created in the previous step). It should be noted that you can assign as many menu times as you want to a category.
- Once done, click Save
- If more categories are required, repeat steps 1-5.
Once you have more than one category available, you can re-order your categories by using the arrows within the position column.
- Click into the category by selecting the blue text
- When finished, make any necessary changes and click Save. Or delete the category by clicking on the red trash can icon in the top right
Additional Category Options
Once additional settings are activated, such as Table Ordering. You will find additional options within each category. - But don't worry, we will cover this in later lessons/articles.
|[Non-Table Ordering] Is it shown?||Use this option to decide if this category (and all its products) are available for Pickup/Take-Away|
|[Table Ordering] Is it shown?||Use this option to decide if this category (and all its products) is available for Table Ordering|
Time to create your first product