Products are the lifeline of your ordering system. Also known as items, this is where we start to list what item(s) are available to purchase. By default, the system has created a product for you and we will learn how to delete this product later in this lesson. For now, let's learn how to create your first product.
Creating Your First Product
- To start, select '+ Add Product' from the right-hand side of the page.
- Name your product (Flat White, Steak Burger, Side Salad etc).
- (Optional) Provide a short description eg served with fries and salad.
- Assign which category your product belongs to. (This was created by you in the previous step) by selecting the empty space. Note you can assign as many categories as you like to a category.
- For the time being, we will skip the 'Availability Section' however at the very least ensure Is it currently available for purchase and 'Non-Table Ordering' is set to on.
- Now add the cost/base price of that product.
- (Optional) Add a photo,
- For the time purpose of this lesson, we're going to cover modifiers in the next lesson. So once done, click 'Save'.
- Should additional categories be required, repeat steps 1-8.
Once you have more than one product available, you can re-order your products by using the arrows within the sequence column.
- Click into the product by selecting the blue text.
- Adjust the info required and click 'Save' once done. Or delete the product by clicking on the red trash can icon in the top right.
Additional Product Options
Once additional settings are activated, such as 'Table Ordering', 'Delivery' and 'Pre-ordering', you will find additional options within each category. Don't worry, we will cover this in later lessons/articles.
Is it currently available for purchase?
Use this option should you wish to still show the item in your menu, but not have it available for customers to order.
|[Limited Stock] Have a certain number only?||By activating this option, you can put a count down on that product. Once activated, each time the product is sold, it will continue to count down and once the product reaches 0, it will become unavailable to be purchased.|
|[Non-Table Ordering] Is it shown?||Use this option to decide if this product is available for pickup/takeaway.|
|[Table Ordering] Is it shown?||Use this option to decide if this product is available for 'Table Ordering'.|
[Delivery Available] Is it shown?
|Use this option to decide if this product is available for delivery or not.|
Time to create your first Modifier.