This lesson will walk you through the process of a customer placing an order with you, as the vendor accepts the order and then closes it.
- The process is the same whether it is from Google or your own website. In either case, the customer will place and send the order as shown below.The order will then be visible in your bump bar - you can tell:
- Who placed the order.
- If it was 'Paid' or needs to be paid at the time of pick up.
- If it was a delivery or not.
- What the order was and if there were any notes etc.
- From this point, you will have 10 minutes to accept the order (this is changeable in the advance features), or the order will decline. To begin, click on the order.
- As soon as you click, you will be presented with the contact number, should you need to urgently call the customer.
- If satisfied, click 'Accept'.
- After clicking 'Accept' you will be asked to send an estimated prep time; use the sliding dial to accomplish this. Then click 'Accept Order'.
- Your order will be accepted and then be moved down to the 'Active' section of the Bump Bar.
Once the order is in 'Active' status, a countdown will start set by the estimated prep time you entered when you accepted the order.
While the Order is in 'Active' Mode
If you click on the order while in 'Active' mode, a number of additional options appear:
|Will display the contact details of the customer who ordered.
|Notify The Customer
|If notifications are turned on; use this option to send a text/push notification and email notifying the customer their order is ready.
|Mark As Complete
|Will complete the order and change the status from 'Active' to 'Complete'.
|Print Order Receipt
|If the printer is connected, it will print out an additional copy of the order.
|X Cancel Order
|Will cancel and refund the order.
|View Member Profile
|Will bring up the customer's stats and booking/order history.
Key Take-aways - Very Important
If no action is taken, orders will expire. The time it takes for an order to expire is determined by the setting you choose in the advanced 'Ordering Features'.
When an order is in the 'New Status,' the Bump Bar will continue to make a 'beeping noise' every 20-30 seconds. This is why it is critical to keep sounds turned on at all times (as shown in the Bump Bar lesson).
Every day, the Bump Bar will be reset (midnight). Only 'Pre-Order' orders will be kept in the Bump Bar for more than one day.
Step 7 - Connect a Stripe or Square account - Accept Payments.