Please Note! Printing Is Best Done From The 'Manager's App'
This section applies to Non-POS users - for vendors using a POS system, printing is handled via your POS. See POS Integrations for more info, click here.
A few things about printing:
- Because printing is a very environmental setup, WOWAPPS can only provide limited support and you will need to contact your network provider for further assistance.
- Your printer must be on the same network as the device accepting the orders - this means Bluetooth IS NOT supported. A good way to check is if you can get an IP address printed from your printer (you can easily look this up if not sure how to do it). Sometimes printers are connected to the POS system and it will put these printers on their own network; so be careful of this.
- Printing works best from the 'WOWAPPS Manager's App'. PC/laptop printing is supported, but you must enable 'Safe Scripts' first. Please see the video below to learn more.
- Printing only works from the Bump Bar.
To continue, follow these steps:
Step 1 - Equipment Checklist
- Printing must be done in Google Chrome - if you don't have Chrome installed on your computer, you can do so by clicking here:
WOWAPPS printers of choice are the Epson Intelligent POS Receipt printers, namely the Epson TM-M30 (see full list of supported models). If you have a different model of printer, please note this may or may not work and no support can be provided for unsupported printers.
- Input your printer's IP address in the section provided in the 'WOWAPPS Ordering Setup' tab. (Click 'Orders' from the left-hand side).
- If you do not know how to get your printer's IP address, it's only a quick 'How to get my printer IP address model ZYX' Google search. Usually turning the device off, then turning it back on while holding the feed button for 30 seconds does the trick.
- Once inserted hit the 'Test Print' connection button to see if the connection was successful
- If successful continue onto Step 6.
- If unsuccessful, ensure you have copied the IP address down correctly. Try saving the page, refreshing and then hitting the 'Test Print' button.
- Once the test is confirmed remember to 'Save'.
- You will also have the option to turn on auto-printing, meaning the order will print automatically as soon as the order is accepted.
(An IP address should be in the format of 192.168.1.165..remember to add the '.')
You must enable 'Safe Scripts' - an option only available in Google Chrome.
Click the lock (caution) icon, then click 'Site Settings'.
Scroll to 'Insecure Content', then use the drop-down list to change 'Block (default)' to 'Allow'.
Reload the page.
The video below will show you how to do this.
Note: You may need to do this in the WOWAPPS setup area and also in the Bump Bar. Watch the video below to show you how this is done: