It is best to go through the process a customer would go through when making a booking from your web page, Google and any other tools you might have, in order to fully comprehend the booking widget.
Before We Begin
Right now, your booking widget is still in Request Mode, as we have not added any availability to your widget yet. We will cover this in the next few lessons. However, for simplicity, we would like to show you how to accept a booking in Request Mode, before adding availability, nothing that we will take the widget out of Request Mode very shortly.
To Get Things Started:
(Click here to see a video walkthrough)
- To begin, select the Preview & Links tab.
- As soon as the page loads, you will see a preview of the booking widget you have created. The Preview & Links area is also where we will install your booking widget on your website and you can find out more about how to do so by visiting this page. For the time being, click on Open Preview.
- To begin the booking process, choose a date that is convenient for you and click Next.
- If prompted, select the service period you wish to book.
- Select the number of pax for the booking.
- Select the time and confirm your understanding by clicking on I understand.
- Note the red text, which serves to remind customers they are requesting something. You can see examples of this in the images below, which were taken from Google and WOWAPPS, respectively (your own website).
- Fill in your personal information - if possible try and use a different email to the email you used to create the account. However, using the same email address is perfectly acceptable.
- Click on the Request Booking button.
Congratulations, you have just completed your very first booking! When a booking request is made, the customer will be notified and you as the property owner will receive an email notification. Continue reading to learn how to approve a reservation.
Step 3 - How To Approve Your Bookings - Request Mode/Table Mode