What we are learning here is that you should only make your tables available at specific times.
For example, we have our two and five tables again - we want to make these tables available only at certain times.
First, we will add availability to our tables, as shown in the screenshot below.
To get here we simply:
- Make sure you are in the Table section of the Availability tab.
- From the Table column, choose the tables you want. This section will display a list of all tables that you created in the Tables and Sections tab.
- Select the desired amount from the Available section. Please keep in mind you will only be able to enter values that are exact, or less than what you specified in the Tables and Sections tab.
- Hover over the desired period in the Timeslots area and click on the drop down arrows.
- Additional times will appear after clicking. By checking each individual checkbox, you can specify when you WANT the tables to be instantly available.
- Next, select the days on which your availability blockout recurs.
- If you want to add availability to more than one table, repeat this process by clicking the Add Another Table button.
- When finished, click Save.
Adding Re-occurring Blockout (Stop tables being booked at times)
While our tables of two and five are available at all times, what we really want is for our tables of two to be available only at 6 pm, 7 pm, 8 pm and 9 pm and our tables of five to be available only at 6.30 pm, 7.30 pm, and 8.30 pm.
To begin, we want to untick the times for the relevant tables that we DO NOT want people to book. You should get something similar to what is shown below.
Now we want to start blocking out the tables for the 'unticked' times
- Make sure you are in the Tables section of the Availability tab.
- From the Table column, choose the desired table.
- Select '0' in the Available section.
- Hover over the desired period in the Timeslot area and click on the drop-down arrows.
- Additional times will appear after clicking. By checking each individual checkbox, you can choose which times you DO NOT want customers to book.
- Next, select the days on which your availability block out recurs.
- If you want to add another, use the Add Another option or, when finished click Save.
- As a result, we should end up with a situation similar to the one shown below.
Check it out with the Booking Widget
When we switch to the Booking Widget and try to book for a table of two, you can see the options that are available in comparison to the table of five. Because we still have the widget set to return to request mode, if we select 3 pax, you will notice that all times return to Request Mode.
What Have We Learned So Far?
We have now learned:
- How to add Instant Availability to all tables.
- How to limit the times customers can make a request for.
- How to control times tables are available.
- How to stop the Booking Widget from going into Request Mode or not.
What Comes Next?
Step 12 - Blockouts - Table Mode