This lesson carries on from the booking we just made in the previous lesson. When your booking widget is in 'Request' mode, you must approve or decline all booking requests that arrive. If you do not respond to all booking requests, the system will decline them.
After this lesson, we will begin to start adding availability and taking your system out of 'Request' mode.
Booking Request Notification:
When a booking is made, you will be notified via:
- Email - emails will be sent to the address specified in the 'My Account' section.
- Text messages - text messages are optional and can be activated by clicking here.
- Push notifications - once the manager's app is installed, push notifications will be enabled. When a booking is made, you can have push notifications sent to your phone.
Both text messages and push notifications will direct you to the WOWAPPS portal to approve the booking. Where emails are concerned, you can approve, or decline the booking directly from the email, or you can log in.
Accepting Bookings from the WOWAPPS Portal ('List View'):
1 - Sign in to WOWAPPS.
2 - From the dashboard (the default tab), select the ‘List’ button in the far right corner of the 'Booking' section. Otherwise, go to the left side panel and click the blue 'Booking List' button.
3 - Navigate to the 'Pending' tab. (Depending on the day of the request you may need to filter to that day using the 'Date Select' option).
4 - From the ‘Status’ column, select ‘Accept’ or ‘Decline’.
Optional 5th - Enter a personalised message for the customer, which will be delivered via email. If no message is required, simply leave the field blank.
If necessary, repeat.
Accepting a Reservation According to an Email:
If you accept a booking via email, the email will look something like this.
You have three options from here:
- Accept - accepts the booking and notifies the customer automatically.
- Decline - will cancel the booking and notify the customer automatically.
- Enter Customer Message - this will log you into the system and give you more options to approve or decline the booking, such as entering a customised message. If you choose this option, make sure to read the section ‘Approving Bookings From WOWAPPS Portal (List View)’ above.
- Bookings will also be accepted at the 'Bump Bar’. You can also accept ‘Bump Bar’ bookings and learn more about the ‘Bump Bar’ by clicking here.
Learn where to go and how to view your upcoming booking.