The Availability tab is where we begin to add instant and recurring availability. This is where we start to take the booking widget out of Request Mode and into Table Mode.
Think of the Availability tab as adding stock to your tables - as bookings start to come in, the stock decreases.
Right now, as shown in the previous lessons, your booking widget is in Request Mode. We have added tables to the system, but we have not stated when the tables can have customers sitting at those tables. When a booking happens, the system is unsure when a table is available, that's why it's sending through a request. As soon as we add availability to that table, we will start to see instant availability happening.
If still unsure, feel free to watch the below video.
Adding a Re-occurring Blockout:
- Make sure you are in the Table section of the Availability tab.
- From the Table column, choose the tables you want. This section will display a list of all tables that you created in the Tables and Sections tab.
- Select the desired amount from the Available section. Please keep in mind you will only be able to enter values that are exact, or less than what you specified in the Tables and Sections tab.
- Hover over the desired period in the Timeslots area and click on the drop down arrows.
- Additional times will appear after clicking. By checking each individual checkbox, you can specify when you WANT the tables to be instantly available.
- Next, select the days on which your availability blockout recurs.
- If you want to add availability to more than one table, repeat this process by clicking the Add Another Table button.
- When finished, click Save.
What Just Happened?
You have begun to create availability for your tables. You can choose to make tables available at all times, on certain days only, or at specific times only. The choice is yours and the system is able to handle all the creative scenarios you come up with.
If we go to your booking widget now, we can see the time slots are green for the tables you have made available. If you would like a more detailed breakdown of this, feel free to go over the above video.
Step 8 - Knowing the Difference between Request Mode and Instant Availability.