This article is for venues that use the booking widget in Max Pax mode.
Specific sections can be subject to the same availability or blockout rules.
Every Tuesday, you may not want a specific section to be available for booking. In order to accomplish this, we would:
- Make sure the Max Pax tab and the Sections tab are both selected.
- Go to the Recurring tab (default option).
- Choose the section to which this applies (in this case Pool).
- Choose the days (in this case Tuesday) when the blockout occurs.
- Select '0' in the Available section.
- Hover over the desired period in the Timeslots area and click on the drop-down arrows.
- Additional times will appear after clicking. By checking each individual checkbox, you can choose which times you DO NOT want customers to book (at any given time).
- If you want to add another, use the +Add Another option, or when finished click Save.
We can apply the same rules to any other blockout you may require (both recurring and single).
For example, you may be aware that the Fireplace section is booked all day next Wednesday for a group function. In this case, you would follow the same steps as above, except in Step 2 you would select a single and choose a date.
The same is true for limited availability, which allows you to have a lower Max Pax in one section for a specific time, other than what is specified in your total Max Pax setting.
Please see these articles to learn more about the different types of blockouts you can use:
Keep an eye on your Intervals and do not forget to test!
This is where your Intervals and start time will come into play, as discussed in previous lessons. While the timeslots will always appear in 15-minute intervals, you may begin to block out times that are never shown, or restrict availability. We will go over this in more detail later, but the examples below assume interval times of 30 minutes.
It is important to note that blockouts specified in the Max Pax tab will take priority over any blockouts specified in the Sections tab.